James (Jim) A. Sigler
Jim was born in Henderson, Kentucky. In 1988 he was commissioned an officer in the United States Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps and served on active duty from 1988-1991. In December 1990 he was deployed to Operation Desert Storm as Staff Judge Advocate for the Commanding Officer ASU Bahrain until May 1991. From 1991 to 1999 Mr. Sigler practiced with a regional defense law firm. He joined Whitlow, Roberts, Houston & Straub, PLLC as a Member in 1999.
As Chair of the firm’s litigation section, Mr. Sigler has successfully represented clients ranging from a large corporation named in a product defect claim to a local teenager involved in her first auto accident. Recently, he obtained four defense verdicts in four separate state circuit court trials where the claimants’ attorneys were from larger metropolitan areas. Mr. Sigler has successfully represented multiple clients in a federal toxic tort lawsuit that involved over 200 parties and that was certified for inclusion as part of multi-district litigation transferred to a federal district court in Corpus Christi, TX. In his career, he has defended more than 1000 clients in nearly every area of civil injury litigation and throughout all of the 42 counties that make up western Kentucky, with defense jury verdicts in the US District Court for Western Kentucky and the following state circuit courts: Calloway, Crittenden, Christian, Daviess, Graves, Grayson, Marshall, Union, McCracken, Henderson, and Webster. With more than 50 jury trials to his credit, spanning over a career of 26 years as a litigator, Mr. Sigler and his litigation team deploy that experience each day to successfully resolve claims asserted against their clients, with a goal of prompt, professional and efficient resolution of the matter customized to the specific case. He has received the AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Licenses and Associations
- Kentucky Bar, 1988
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- McCracken County Bar Association, President
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute, Inc.
- University of Louisville School of Law, J.D. 1988.
- University of Kentucky, B.A. 1984
- Paducah Rotary Club, Past President
- Paducah/McCracken Convention Center Corporation, Past Chairman
- Paducah Chamber of Commerce, Director
- United Way of Paducah, co-Campaign Chair 1999
- Carson Four Rivers Center for the Performing Arts, Director